Ask a Urologist   »  

Having itching inside penis shaft. Suffering from burning sensation. What could this be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
my penis itches inside the shaft and also burns sometimes when I pee most of the time it is tolerable sometimes it really burns and sometimes it dont burn or itch at all what could this be
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have you have acute Urinary Tract Infection.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make any comment on your problem
1) Did you have unprotected sex preceding this symptoms ?
2) Do you have Diabetes.?
3)Have you ever done any tests to diagnose your problem.?

Please get following tests done to diagnose your problem.
1) Routine Urine test and Urine culture to find out organisms causing this infection.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of urinay stone.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and to get these tests done as per his advice.

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics along with urine alkaliser to keep urine alkaline and once you get culture report switch n to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report..

Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Having itching inside penis shaft. Suffering from burning sensation. What could this be? 11 minutes later
I did have unprotected sex but more then a month prior to the symptoms. No I do not have diabetes and no I have not had any tests done. Could you recommend and type of over the counter antibiotics or a natural antibiotic because I don't have health insurance and can't afford to go to a doctor

Hello
Thanks for follow up. It looks to be a simple UTI .
Please take Antibiotic of Floxacin group .I have no idea about the availability over the counter.
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Having itching inside penis shaft. Suffering from burning sensation. What could this be? 7 hours later
is it safe to have sex with a uti

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for fresh query.
Yes you can have protected sex so that you do not transmit the infection to your partner..
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.