Having itching in nose, ear and throat. Got infected from friend's steamer. Suggestions?

ENT Specialist
I am having a very irritating itchiness in my nose, ears and throat. It is uncontrollable and is driving me crazy. It has been there for months now. I think I got this infection from my friend's steamer. He had same problems..
Initially it started with Nose and I used to sneeze a lot and rub my nose like hell. Now I have the irritation in my throat and ears as well.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Your problem seems to be allergic.
Itching is a symptom because of allergic reaction in body.You might have got the allergic exposure at the steamer.
You need to take antihistaminic like----
Tab. Ebastine/Loratidine
and mast cell stabliser like----
Before taking these medicines consult your ENT specialist.
If the reactions are too much your doctor may prescribe a short course of steroids.
Do get your chest examined to rule out any chance of getting lower respiratory tract allergic reaction.
get well soon.
If in doubt do reply.
Follow-up: Having itching in nose, ear and throat. Got infected from friend's steamer. Suggestions? 44 hours later
Hi Doc,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have taken Tab. Ebastine/Loratidine for two days now. I dont feel any more irritation. I have three questions-

How long should I continue this meditation?
Is it necessary to take Monteleukast?
What should be the ideal dosage for the above tablets?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 3 hours later
We always guide for the tablets but for correct dosage and when to take must be consulted from your doctor.
You can take these medicines for 10 days and then when required after consultation .
You have to take either ebastine or loratidine with monteleukast.
They come in combination drugs.
Monteleukast is important but if you have not taken it and have relief and few days have passed then you can leave it.
Ebastine tablet is 10 mg and i prescribe it two times a day.
If in doubt do reply.
"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health".