Having itching bumps on under breasts, chest area, back and behind ears. Can this be due to sweating?

hello I need some help, a couple months ago I had scabies, went to family doctor got medicine and it cleared up, after that a few more months pasted and I had to go back because scalp would not stop itching, he said it was eczema and got more medicine for that now I have patches of bumps under breast area,on my chest to my arm pits and one patch on my back and more bumps at the base of neck in the back under my hair, this patch leads to behind both ears! the bumps itch like crazy, as soon as I wake up!!! I start scratching and I don't know why!! I figured it was heat rash cause I sweat under breast while I am sleeping!! I have no patches of bumps on legs, arms or face!!! what have I got???? I am tired of itching! please help! YYYY@YYYY thank you
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You seem to have seborrheic dermatitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, After going through the history you gave, I feel that you are having seborrheic dermatitis...(SD). SD is a chronic and relapsing disease featured by flakes on scalp and greasy scaly erythematous patches on chest,neck,behind ears,paranasal area,eye brows,underneath breasts,axillae,and groin areas. Exact cause is not known. Yeast like Mellasezia might be responsible. There may be many factors which might exacerbate the stress,anxiety,sleeplessness,altered weather,lowered immunity as in HIV,internal diseases,..etc. You may be improved by taking regular treatment and keeping the mind cool. Reduce stress and anxiety. Have good sleep. Antifungal like ketoconazole may be taken for long time. Steroids may be taken for short period in tappering dose. Antihistaminics like levocetirizine may be taken to reduce itching. If you have secondary bacterial infection,you take antibiotics. Apply ketoconazole cream with mild steroid like mometasone cream. Do not take soap bath.You may use dettol liquid for bath..few drops in a bucket. Have shampoo containing ketoconazole. You take treatment under supervision of dermatologist. I hope you may be satisfied with my answer. Still, any query, you may ask. And post the photographs of the affected parts. Best wishes. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: Having itching bumps on under breasts, chest area, back and behind ears. Can this be due to sweating? 24 minutes later
what is mellasezia?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mellasezia is a fungus. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Mellasezia is a yeast or fungus residing on scalp may produce inflammatory reaction leading to seborrheic dermatitis. Oral ketoconazole may reduce the Mellasezia. So, take ketoconazole as I suggested previously along with other treatments. Thanks.. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD