Having itching and crawling problem in head and noticed white bugs. Bugs are spring tails. Tried many shampoos. Could I ask a doctor?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I posted my brief problem of itching and crawling in my head and i see tiny white bugs these are definitely I not lices I have pictures of them that I can not paste in this message.
Doctors are expertise and I need their help as I am desperate because this itching and crawling does not go away.
These bugs are springtails and soft bodied hexapods. first time when I had itching and crawling I saw tiny pink about 40 eggs in the strainer( I put strainer on the tub drainer when I took shower and washed head).
But When I changed my bathroom (for shower ) I stopped seeing eggs but I have been infested since then. I Washed my head so many times with differen shampoos but itching and crawling does not go away.
I request group of doctors to confer and diagnose it and reccommend me some shampoo or medicine strong enough to kill them and stop itching and crawling and recommend me some strong repellent for hair and scalp.
I really really appreciate your response and may god resolve all your problems too!
I
Thanks, XXXX

Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be nit infestation.

Detailed Answer:
From the description it seems, you could be having nits.
To treat the same,
wash hair with shampoo, let it dry and then apply permethrin 1 percent cream in hair for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat the same after 10 days. From next days onwards, use antibacterial shampoo to wash hair as it would help in healing the erosions.

Another remote possibility could be maggots. Maggots can develop in extreme unhygieninc conditions and if raw open wounds are there on scalp. The same can be confirmed, it you could send me pics of your scalp as well as the eggs and insects that you have so far succeeded in isolating.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Having itching and crawling problem in head and noticed white bugs. Bugs are spring tails. Tried many shampoos. Could I ask a doctor? 8 hours later
Dear doctor Kalpana,
Thanks for quick response. But how can I show you pictures unless I have your email address as I can not attach, copy or paste any pictures in this message.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may email it

Detailed Answer:
hi,
you may upload the pic by clicking on upload report or image icon which is on right side of your query page or you may send it to YYYY@YYYY and mention Attn dr kalpana pathak in subject line.

waiting for the images.

Follow-up: Having itching and crawling problem in head and noticed white bugs. Bugs are spring tails. Tried many shampoos. Could I ask a doctor? 10 hours later
Dear doctor Kalpana,

I really really appreciate your concern and curiosity and I hope you investigate to diagnose and discuss with other doctors and prescribe me something.
I will follow-up as much as possible. But I appreciate your patience and will be always praying for you.
Hoping to hear from you.
Thanks,
Kay.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
permethrin and ivermectin should help you out.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

I have seen the image and you tube video. It looks like head louse infestation only.

I prescribe Ivermectin 12mg tablet twice - at the earliest and repeating it on day 14. It is effective. You can ask your local doctor to prescribe this. In addition, wash your hair with shampoo. Apply conditioner thoroughly over hair strands, detangle hair and then by using a lice comb, comb the hair. Let your hair dry and then apply permethrin 1 percent creme all over your scalp and hair. Let it be there for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash hair. Repeat the procedure after seven days. Do wet hair followed by application of conditioner and combing every third day to remove the lice and eggs.
Use antibacterial betadine shampoo in between to help the erosions heal.

Tablet cetrizine will alleviate the itch if its bothering you.

Follow these steps and do write back about response in a day or two. With permethrin creme application itself half of your problem will be solved.

I shall be available for follow up