Having itching. Tried lot of ointments but of no use, eating attrax but still having itching. Cure?

I have been having itching most of the time during night and difficult for me to sleep.
I have tried lot of ointments but of no use. I have also been eating attrax but still having itching.

Can you pls help ??

Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

I can understand your concern.

Itching can be due to a variety of causes.

The itching can be due to various reasons like:- 1.       Due to kidney ailments.

2.       Diabetes

3.       Due to liver ailments

4.       Due to low haemoglobin levels

5.       Sometimes even due to thyroid disorders

6.   Skin conditions like dryness, scabies, urticaria.

Its important to treat the cause in order to treat the itching itself.

To rule out the presence of any XXXXXXX causes, like thyroid, diabetes etc, its important to get a few blood tests done, hence I will recommend that you visit your doctor for the same.

In case, there is a rash that you get with the itching, it could give an idea about the cause like scabies, urticaria etc. hence you could provide me with the information about the rash, in case you get any.

To provide symptomatic relief of the itching, a combination of anti allergy tablets would help in a better way.
Tablet fexofenadine one tablet in the morning and tablet loratidine one tablet at night would help in relieving the itching.

Also application of calamine lotion twice a day would be useful.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Follow-up: Having itching. Tried lot of ointments but of no use, eating attrax but still having itching. Cure? 14 hours later

I have been having regular medical screening incl blood test and things are internally i am not worried.

When i am scratching , skin has rashes and becomes hard.Also, I have itching like someone is poking small pins.Also, itching only happens during the night.

Can Tablet fexofenadine one tablet tablet loratidine would help ?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned, diabetics also experience itching. As our age increases, the skin loses its moisture more often and the itching could be due to dry skin.

In your case, the above two factors could be also playing a role. In case you could post a photo of the rash, it would give me a better idea of what it its due to.

Meanwhile, the tablets would help. You could try a moisturizing lotion on the body as well with calamine lotion.