Having itchiness near thighs and it is spreading wider. What could it be?

Hello doctor I have an itch problem near the inner thighs and it is slightly getting itching spreading wider...
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 2 hours later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

I have seen the pictures , showing the skin problem

As you have said that they are itchy , and spreading

After seeing the picture , it appears to be like Herpes genital warts

These warts are common in your age , 32 years , in the groin area , scrotum , perianal area , thighs , buttocks , penis

These are viral infection of the virus rated as 16 , 18 type of herpes papilloma virus

They are elongated , cauliform type , or may be solitary or in group form

You can get these viruses by close contact who had or being treated for herpes genital warts and not from there clothes , in 14-45 days of last contact

The trick in this disease is how to treat it and it relapses to as hidden herpes stays in skin

When you scratch this area , or friction from clothes , they spread by blood and they spread fast

It is said that the blood from these warts after scartching is the main cause of fast spread

Nothing to worry about as there are lot many curative treatment for these lesions

These warts are common all over the world

I hope this explain your query

Feel free to ask any further questions

Follow-up: Having itchiness near thighs and it is spreading wider. What could it be? 9 hours later
Do we have any medicine or ointment to get rid of this.
Answered by Dr. Omer 11 hours later
Hello Again

Thankyou for understanding

Now if some one gets the infection of herpes papilloma virus , the only bad thing is the recurrance of these lesions after every cycle of treatment

The treatment depends upon the skin specialist you will visit and his updated information

Almost all the skin specialists use electric current ( electrocautery) treament , cold therapy ( liquid nitrogen ) local application .

But both of these require more than 4-8 cycles , with every cycle repeated in a week or two

Ususally herpes genital warts stay for 2 years in any individual , or less if the individual does not get repeated exposure from close contact or strong self immunity

There is a oral tablet for that treatment as well known as imiquiod , which changes your immunity to fight against this virus living in skin , again it starts to show very weak effects after a year or so

I would recommmend a new treatment using electrocautery or liquid nitrogen with intra lesion bleomycin , again this required a discussion with your skin specialist and his experience of treating herpes in your locality and herpes treatment has different response in different region

There is a local liquid salicyclate paste with lactic acid again it has a difficult application with more recurrance rate

What you can do is never to let them bleed by scrating because the blood touches whereever in skin , it gets seeded

I hope this explain your query

Feel free to ask any further queries

Wishing you speedy recovery

take care