Having irritation in labia minora with small rash. Is painful and sore. No discharge or bad smell. Suggest?

hi doctor,
Since 4 days I am having an irritation in my labia minora with a small rash having size less than a half centi...It has started with a small rash...i used my nail to manage the itching..itching was not severe..but now it is making discomfort with some pain & sore(This is mainly because Im wearing jeans full day & sitting full time at office)...I am doing washing many times a day with XXXXXXX warm water...used 3 times other problems having like no discharge ,bad smell or nothing...this rash is like ulcer...It has started on the last day of my periods...before periods I used perfumes & body lotion in that area too...I had oral sex with my partner...Could you please advise.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

You give a typical description of a condition called Vulvitis or Vulvovaginitis. They can be because of infection, bubble baths, sprays, tight clothes. You are giving a description of all the factors here.

So it is important to the following test to arrive at a reason for the vulvitis and treat than giving medicine for all.
Urine microscopy
Vaginal examination with microscopy of the discharge

All of the above are important to specifically treat the condition.
Avoid intercourse for sometime
Do not use perfume over the parts of the body
Wear cotton undergarments
You can start with over the counter candidal vaginal cream. But it warrants an examination by doctor nearby if it is not cured in one week.

All the best