Having irritation feeling on head of penis. Noticed rashes. Suggest medicines and cure?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hello Sir,

I am having some irritation or some kind of sensation on the head of my pennis. I can see some rashes. Also it smells very bad and I can see some white things also on the head and under skin.
Please suggest sone medicines to cure this infection.

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of yeastinfection-Antifungal treatment

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

If you could give some more information regarding this I can give you more useful information.
1. Your age
2. Marital status and your sexual activity
3. Are you on any treatment?
4. Do you have Diabetes Mallitus

Anyhow your presentation reveals that you seem to have yeast infection of your penis. Sensation of some sort of discomfort over the head of your penis along with rashes and collections of white material are characteristic of an yeast infection.
It has to be confirmed by your physician before beginning the treatment by examination and investigation and also by ruling out other STDs.

Anti-fungal antibiotics as topical and oral medication for a period of 3-4 weeks will assure you a complete cure provided your sex partners also to be treated simultaneously. Excellent medicines are available and not difficult to be cured.
Some other predisposing factors have to be looked for and has to be eliminated or to be under control to achieve a complete cure.
So get cured soon with the guidance of your physician.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Having irritation feeling on head of penis. Noticed rashes. Suggest medicines and cure? 3 hours later
hello sir, thanks alot for replying.
age : 27
married and sexually active
I am not on any treatment.
no diabetes mallitus

my wife went to US last week for 6 months so she will consult there as you have suggested that we both should take medicine.

Sir these days I am very busy with office work. So can you pkease suggest me medicines to cure this infection.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole cream,Flucanazole after confirmation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back

Actually we should not prescribe any drug without examining the lesion.

Any treatment should be started under supervision of a physician. Confirmation of diagnosis, ruling out other possibilities, associated problems and monitoring the side effects of the drugs all can be possible only if you are under the supervision of some physician.

Clotrimazole creams and Flucanazole tablets have to be continued for 3 weeks as per the guidance of your doctor.
Taking treatment at United states, that too, for the one who goes on a short visit is difficult to XXXXXXX with.
If you have a will, then you can find your own time to XXXXXXX some specialists.
Get well soon.
DR S.Murugan