Having irritating itch along with drainage, burning and inflammation on eyelid. Took antihistamines. Is my eyelid cancerous?

How would I know if my eyelid is cancerous? I have had an irritating itch along with drainage, burning , inflammation on the left eyelid for over a couple of months. When its starts to clear up my eye starts to itch and the flareup begins again. I have allergies year round so I am familiar with that. But my eyelid has not acted up like this until now. I take antihistamines year round. Right now my eyelid is crusty and when I wake up in the morning the itching isnt bad but it is crusted shut. I have started putting bacitacin on it today. It seems to soothe the burning. I was putting aquaphor on it but it doesnt clear up the drainage or redness. I feel like there are open wounds. But only see a patch of scally skin with wrinkly skin.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 50 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
What you have is s quamous blepheritis.
This will not be fully cured by aquadrop and bacitrin,though it will give you some relief.
Continue with anti histaminics.
Put bacitracin in the eye as well as antibiotic will take care of superadded infection iin th eeye.
What you have to have is steroid eye ointment to be applied over the eye lid for a few days.
Get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.