Having irregular periods with hot flushes and sweaty feet. Blood test came normal. Concerned?

I have had very irregular periods over the past 6months and just started getting hot flushes and sweaty feet. I have seen a dr and had blood test for early menapause, liver, kidneys, thyroid all came back ok. I have noticed in the last week that im eating less and my tummy is always hard and swollen and when I press slightly to the right of my belly buttonthere is a sharp pain and it makes me feel very nauseated.
Can u please give me some advice as to why this is happening to me.
Thank you very much..
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Irregular periods is caused due to hormonal imbalance. Most of the time thats the cause behind cycle irregularities.You should have your LH,FSH,TSH,T4,prolactin tested.
Hot flushes are an indication of being peri-menopausal.Even if your labs are fine,and you continue to experience symptoms,then repeat your blood tests after 6 months to compare the levels.Meanwhile, pelvic pathology has has to be ruled out by and ultrasound. Appendicitis,ovarian cysts etc also present as such.So you do need an ultrasound asap.Abdominal tenderness usually indicates inflammation so you should be examined as well.Have you done any of the tests i have mentioned?