Having irregular periods. Taking ginette. Started frequent urination and abdominal pain. Side effect?

Question
Sir, i am 17 yrs old and having irregular periods and acne problems. I am on ginette 35 for the last three months. I have started the current cycle 0n 22 nd feb.
Since yesterday i am having bad stomach and a continuous urine sensation. Please let me know whether It's a side effect of the medicine ?
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 16 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Most frequent side effects of Ginette 35 tablets are: breast pain, abdominal pain, nausea, headache, skin rash and itching, lack of sleep and depression.

Your symptoms of pain abdomen and continuous urine sensation suggests urinary tract infection(UTI).
I suggest you to get a urine microscopy , culture and sensitivity done.
Drink lot of fluids(citrus), Antispasmodic and antibiotic to treat infection .
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask follow up query.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Having irregular periods. Taking ginette. Started frequent urination and abdominal pain. Side effect? 23 minutes later
Actually i vomited once today and having nausea. There is no abdomen pain.
Can you suggest some medicine for UTI.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up query.

First of all i suggest you to get a urine examination done.
If UTI is diagnosed , antibiotics are given depending on culture and sensitivity report.

Any anti spasmodic like tab urispas can be taken for immediate relief. Its always better to take medication under specialist supervision to avoid unnecessary side effects.
Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer