Having irregular periods. Pregnancy test negative. On lamictin and cymgen. Should I be worried?

At the end of September I was 5 days late, I took a bloodtests for pregnancy but it came back negative. I started on the 29th September then again on the 10 October. I haven't had a period since. I have done pregnancy tests almost on a weekly basis but its all been negative. I am on lamictin and cymgen and I'm not on the pill. Should I be worried, what could the reason be?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There can be various causes for periods to get delayed in the absence of pregnancy and most important of them are
Stress and anxiety
Being overweight or underweight
If you are on some medications
Use of birth control pills

Anti epileptics and anti depressant medicines,you are using,are known to cause delay in periods.
You must consult your doctor and get yourself examined and rule out other causes for delay in periods other than use of these drugs.
There is nothing to worry as the problem can be sorted out easily.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck