Having irregular periods. Missing periods even after taking deviry 10mg. Tested positive for pregnancy. Any advice?

May 2013
Hello Doctor, I am 32 yrs lady with irregular menstrual cycle. I have last menstruation on July 1, 2012 and I took Tab. Deviry 10mg starting from August 26, 2012 for 10 days but I have no menstruation till 18th Sept 2012. Then my urine has checked at pathological lab for pregnancy and found positive. Also, I have a hypothyroidism, migraine and I usually taking Tab. Flunarizine 10mg at bedtime, Tab. Ameline 25mg at bedtime and Tab. Eltroxine 50 micro gram at morning. Please advise me
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 53 minutes later

Among the drugs you used:
Deviry belongs to category X in pregnancy according to FDA.
Means studies in humans and animals demonstrated some adverse effects on fetus.

Flunarizine and Ameline belongs to category C.
Means studies in animals demonstrated some adverse effects on fetus but sufficient studies in humans are lacking.
These drugs can be used when benefits over weigh the risks.

Eltroxine belongs to category A.
Means studies failed to demonstrate any adverse effects on fetus.

So if you decided to continue the pregnancy consult gynecologist once and undergo ultrasound to rule out any possible abnormalities.
Then continue pregnancy with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations under care of your gynecologist.
You can continue eltroxine and regarding continuation other tablets once discuss with your doctor and decide.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.