Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test. Have hormonal imbalance. When can I expect menstrual cycle?

Rheumatologist
Question
M having irrgular periods please give me solution actually I having absent period from last 4 months ...done pelvic ultrasound as well and all hormonal and blood test ,my GP said u got hormonal imbalance I don't know when I ll have period
My pelvic ultrasound and pep smear are really normal you creat hope in my self please tell me the right solution...I have got sudden rapid wight gain like 6 kg in 3 months so is that really affect in menstrual cycle
I taking provera talblet. From last 10 days is that really good option to treat this problem
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that there is every likelihood that you may be suffering from PCOS that is polycystic ovarian syndrome . All the symptoms you have mentioned fit with this . It is quite a common problem leading to hormonal disturbances in young females . Even if USG does not show any cysts PCOS cannot be excluded.

You need to see an endocrinologist for this problem He will be helpful in resolving the issue .

In my opinion generally Oral contraceptives are used in this having anti androgenic effects containing both oestrogen and progesterone . I think you should consult your doctor regarding taking Provera that I think is just progesterone . Please seek advise from endocrinologist . Weight loss is highly recommended for you .

Dr.Shruti

Follow-up: Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test. Have hormonal imbalance. When can I expect menstrual cycle? 1 hour later
As you said i may having pcos but my GP said your report is normal and my gynac said u having little cyst so m confused.
I am XXXXXXX I was very confused when my GP said my pelvic ultrasound is Normal but my gynaecologist told me there is little little cyst but nothing is serious so what does it indicate? And then she told me I got a hormonal disorder so is that include in pcos .so I got pcos that's what she said do you think I should consult endocrinologist and one more is provera tablet is 100%effective if not then then can you tell me the good effective tablet please

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

I told you that its not essential to have cyst in PCOS . It can be present even if cyst is not there . Do you have any hair loss or hirsutism problem ? Kindly let me know .

For prescribing any drug diagnosis needs to be established .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test. Have hormonal imbalance. When can I expect menstrual cycle? 10 minutes later
I haven't got anything like that I am still having normal hair growth which I used to have before .can you please tell me the good option of tablet please as I am sick of thinking about this problem..I wanna get over it please refer me good and effective tablet I will appreciate your reply

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

You need to see an endocrinologist to first determine whether it is PCOS or not because may other condition like hypothyroidism alos mimic these .

Even if it turns out to be pcos it depends which hormones are affected and accordingly your treatment will be tailored . Any pill cannot be prescribed like this .

Dr. Shruti