Having irregular period. Taking loseasonique. Should I consult a gynecologist?

May 2013
i have irregular periods and have a question for someoneim 19 and am 5'1 and 210 lbs and ive had periods that have ALWAYS been regular since i was 11 but the past 1 or 2 yrs now ive had irregular periods ill have one like around every 4-6mths and will last 3-6days also..and is of normal-moderate flow.i tried doing Camrese Lo AKA "Loseasonique" and the dosage is 1 0.1-0.2mg tablet once a day everyday and i had some bleeding everyday allday for around alittle less than a month then stopped then once it was time for another period 3months later..i didnt have one this normal? if not should i go to gyno again and get another birth control prescription or what? BY THE WAY..IM NOT PREGNANT! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF IT AT ALL! IVE NEVER HAD SEX OR HAD A BOYFRIEND OR ANYTHING! just thought id let you know cause everyone i ask thinks im pregnant then when i tell them theres no chance they seem like they dont believe me! :-/ lol HaHa thanks in advance for any help at all! :-D
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
You better consult your gynecologist again and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem. Like:
-Poly cystic ovary disease
-Thyroid abnormalities
-Blood sugar levels
You may need to undergo ultrasound and hormonal analysis along with thyroid profile.
By this the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
You have to loose some weight. This can help in regularization of the cycles.
Ideal weight for your height is around 120 lbs.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.