Having irregular heartbeats, headache and numbness on face. Medical test normal. Proper diagnosis?

Over the last several months I have been experiencing a variety of symptoms. At first my face became numb on the left side and progressed under my chin and into the lower portion of the right side of my face. In addition to this, I have had irregular heartbeats. My shoulders are very tight and the muscles in my neck become stiff. CT scan, MRI and Cardiac Stress test showed nothing. BLood test didn't show anything, all was normal. I have had headaches with this. In the last couple of weeks I have experienced XXXXXXX tremors and night sweats that only make under my hair wet. I have also experienced fatigue, nausea and light headedness, I am 45 years old and I have had regular periods so far. My mouth becomes very dry and I go through spells where I urinate rather frequently. I have been to my PCP, Neurologist, Cardiologist and nothing shows up. I feel like I am going crazy. I work as a mental health case manager and I am completing my graduate degree in counseling. I understand the inner workings of anxiety disorder and agree that this might be the culprit but the more symptoms I have the more scared I become. I have tried relaxation techniques, self talk and a variety of coping skills for anxiety. I can't seem to shake this. Please offer me some explanations, possible diagnosis etc.....anything.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your problem, the symptoms you mentioned above make me to consider the below possibilities.

They are 1. Sensory seizure 2. Anxiety related problem

I advise you to a medical centre and get evaluated with EEG(Electroencephalography).EEG helps to rule out the diagnosis of Sensory seizure.

Please check your serum calcium too as the levels will be out range in most cases of the sensory seizure.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back to me if you have further query

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having irregular heartbeats, headache and numbness on face. Medical test normal. Proper diagnosis? 23 hours later
THe XXXXXXX tremors do not come and go like a seizure might. These tremors remain with me almost all day. I don't smell anything nor do I have the numbness when I have the XXXXXXX tremors. I have no personal history of seizures and no family history of seizures. Could there possibly be another explanation for these behaviors/feelings. I ask about MS but was told that this was present in my MRI. Grasping for answers. Today was a good day with just a little facial numbness and arm numbness. Could I have a pinched nerve in my back?????
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 11 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

The two possibilities above seem to be more likely in this scenario. The remote possibility of pinched nerve root cannot be excluded without a clinical examination. If you have not done MRI of the cervical spine, you may get it done and rule this possibility out.

Best wishes