Having irregular bowel movements and getting pimples on face. Any medications?

General Surgeon
Question
hello doctor,
i am a research student. i have a very busy schedule throughout the day during week days. i wake up in morning and get started for my long day. Because of this i don't get my daily motions properly. its only on saturday and sunday i have time for me but i feel i need to have loose motions atleast once a month so that i will feel better.
These days i have been getting pimples also on my face which i feel is due to improper motions. i need to clean my stomach.
Please suggest me with a medicine which i could take to get loose motions once a month or some food that i could include in my daily diet to get motions properly everyday
Thank you
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Proper digestion and bowels movement is very complicated system and depends of many factors like physical activity, type of diet, regularity of meals, sleeping, stress, intestinal bacteria culture, traveling and many many more. Lac or disturbance of one of thees might result with constipations or diarrheas. But healthy young human body like yours can deal with all this factors and gives as many bowel movements as it is necessary. So what seems for you as disturbed bowel movements, might be your own healthy regulation and does not need to be changed.
But if you do feel constipated, bloated or have stomachaches there might be some medical help needed.
To have you bowel movements more regular you should avoid fatty foods, soft drinks, increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake. Physical activity is a great way to regulate bowel movements. Medicine that regulate bowels is Mebeverine (prescribed by your doctor). If you want to use some laxatives medicines Bisacodylum might be helpful.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.