Having irregluar heart beat. Glucose level elevated. On insulin. Is this heart related or diabetes related

I am a white male 62 years old 6'2" tall and 225 lbs. I had a heart irregluar heart beat corrected approximatey one year ago though shock proceedure revernting? My gluecose levels are slightly elevated but through exercise, walking and diet my Dr. has not put me on insulin. A week ago I woke up and my right arm was swollen by %50 greater then my left arm. The underside of my arm has been warm and pink and when I push on it it turns white, and then the blood returns. A week later my swelling is down by 25% and the pain i felt is gone. I am wondering if this could be heart related or diabetiices related. Can you help?
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The problem is not related to heart/Diabetes.
Most likely it is a Thrombosis of blood in large upper limb veins or It may be a Cellulitis which is infection of tissues.
Both problems are of serious nature and you should go to ER
You need a physical examination by your physician and get base line investigations like Chest X XXXXXXX Electrocardiogram, Complete Blood Counts, Renal Function Test, Fasting and Post-Prandial Blood Sugar, Doppler of the affected limb vessels.
This work up is expected to detect the underlying problem so a definite treatment could be started.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!