Having intestinal turbulence. Having watery stool in normal motion. Having clear liquid discharge after motions. Cure?

This question is for Dr Narasi only please.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider other possibilities before colon cancer

Detailed Answer:

As I understand your apprehension about colon cancer I would like to assure you that cancer is a diagnosis only after confirmation and will not be right before that.

I would not think of cancer first if someone does not present with blood in the stool.

Why do you worry about cancer? Do you have a family history of colon cancer? Were routine colonoscopy done as part of annual health check up and did they see any ulcer or polyp or growth?

There are other possibilities that I consider to my patients with such symptoms
1) colitis, do you have a family history?
2) Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Both of them can be considered after colonoscopy. First need to relax.
Follow-up: Having intestinal turbulence. Having watery stool in normal motion. Having clear liquid discharge after motions. Cure? 1 hour later
Thanks for your helpful response.

No family history of colorectal cancer. I have never had a colonoscopy before.

I think I worry about cancer because I have been suffering from a lot of stress for the past year or so. The GI problems followed on from 6 months of daily pain from a TMD disorder that OTC analgesics just didn't touch. It left me feeling very worn down.

Noted on the differential diagnosis.

Can you please tell me:

1. What is likely to be causing the clear liquid exudate after bowel movements?

2. Is there any reason you can imagine that causes the bowel 'turbulence' - hard to describe, but a feeling as if my bowels are churning?

3. How much comfort can I take from the fact that this has been going on for so long and the clear tests so far (accepting of course that a colonoscopy is still required)?

Thank you for your continuing help.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please look at the other discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hope you had looked at my reply in the other discussion.