Having intestinal parasites with rectal bleeding. On dulcolax laxatives. Done colonoscopy

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been having intestinal problems for 1 yr. I can see a parasite and have been tested all stool samples neg. BUT AT THAT TIME I WAS TAKING DULCOLAX A LAXATIVES SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN WHEN TESTING FOR
STOOL SAMPLES. Had a colonoscopy and the Dr. assumed what he had found were extended release medication. Not. I continue to have much anal itching and expel many parasites. Very uncomfortable, itchy and feel when bitten. My primary Dr. is a great doctor. I WAS TOLD WHEN I HAD A C OLONOSCOPY THAT SAMPLES WILL BE TAKEN AND SENT TO PATHOLOGY. NOT! THE PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE AN OV WITH ONE DR. AND ANOTHER DR. IS ASSIGNED TO DO THE TESTING. THEY ROTATE. I AWOKE DURING PROCEDURE AND SAID THERE THEY ARE. THE PUT BACK TO SLEEP. DX. THE DR. ASSUMED MY ER MEDICATION WAS NOT DISOLVING. AS I NURSE I WAS TAUGHT YOU CANNOT ASSUME I AM WEAK, HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF BLEEDING AFTER BEING FED UPON . I NOW HAVE A 1CM WHITE SEMI ROUND NODULE WITH A BROWN HEAD WHICH WAS PASSED THROUGH THE RECTUM. SENT TO PATHOLOGY. NO LABS HAVE BEEN DRAWN. I SEEM TO HAVE A HATCH q 2 WKS. TERRIBLE FEELING. I AM VERY CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF MY HYGEING WELL. NOW I HAVE DEVELOPED A ITCHY RED PATCH ON BUTTOCKS . I BELIEVE THESE PARASITES ARE BURROWING INTO MY SKIN. 85% OF THE US POPULATION HAVE SOME KIND OF PARASITE BUT AS YOU KNOW DOCTORS ARE NOT EDUCATED IN THIS AREA. THE FIRST DR. I WAS SENT TO FOR A COLONOSCOPY WAS VERY RUDE. TOOK A SAMPLE AND HE HAD MY FRIEND A NURSE THROW AWAY AND WANTED TO KNOW WHY I WAS AT HIS OFFICE? HE PUT HIS NOSE IN THE AIR ANS LEFT I TOLD HIM I WAS SORRY I BOTHERED HIM. HE SAID COME BACK SOME TIME I WILL DO A TAPE TEST. I WAS REFERRED TO HIM . WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD WAN A COLONOSCOPY IF NOT NEEDED ? I HAVE BEEN A NURSE FOR 30 YRS. AND I AM NOT CRAZY WHICH MOST MALE DOCTORS SEEMTO TREAT THE FEMALE POPULATION. SO SAD AND IGNORANT. I BELEIVE THESE PARASITES ARE SOME KIND OF DRAIN FLY.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take tablet Albendazole

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I can understand the problem you are facing but don't put yourself down.

I think it is Enterobius vermicularis as there is perianal itching. For the treatment of this worm take one tablet of albendazole (400mg). Reinfestation is very common so take another tablet of albendazole after 15 days. Other members of the family should also be treated and clothes and bed linens should be washed

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.