Having intercourse daily and felt that penis not hard during intercourse, smoker. Is it safe?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am 32 and my wife 27. We are married Aug 5th 2013. Till Aug 5th we are having intercourse everyday , day before yesterday I noticed suddenly my penis not hard during intercourse so we stop day before yesterday night. But at morning 6 AM it was fine. Same thing happen yesterday night, after that we did not do anything.
Is it harmful to do sex everyday.
Or it is showing any organic problem to me.
I am heavy smoker
Any medicine required on that which will better the situation. Or any clinical test is required for me.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have foreplay, stop heavy smoking

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

Neither is it harmful to have sex everyday nor is it any organic problem at the moment.

It might be that you are having sex for a longer duration and/ or multiple sexual acts in a day. This can cause temporary fatigue and inability to sustain erection during subsequent sexual acts for the next few hours. Smoking might be partially responsible too for that. Also try to spend more time in foreplay with your wife and let the sexual tension build up slowly to orgasm.

No further medicines or tests are required.

You may decrease your smoking as that can cause erectile dysfunction in future which and is an organic problem.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr A. Rao Kavoor