Having insomnia. Had several episodes of hearing a loud noise. History of migraines, HTN, and fibromyalgia.

Nov 2013

I've been having insomnia for about a week, sleeping only a few hours each night. Also having lots of stress at work (I'm an RN). Tonight while reading emails and watching tv, lying in bed, I have had several episodes of hearing a loud noise, like a gunshot or balloon popping, inside of the right side of my head. I have a history of migraines, HTN, and fibromyalgia. What could be happening? Do I need to alert my neuro in the am?
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that your symptoms are not serious and there is no need to worry at present.

It is likely to be related to your migraines, made worse with stress and lack of sleep.

It should settle down with stress reduction and good sleep.

If not better, you may consider doing CT brain later.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist