Having insect bite on foot and legs. Noticed flat, reddish/brown bruises. What can be done?

I'm trying to figure out what may have bitten me over a week ago... mostly bitten on feet and legs.. but even on the sole of one foot! I've never had a bite there before... my boyfriend was bit as well.... we are now eating a lot of garlic and using bug spray(repellant)... but we haven't seen any bugs/insects anywhere.. tho' we've looked... fearing bed-bugs.. seeing no sign of them... the bites seem to have taken their time appearing also... We live in Philadelphia.. and the bites seem to have occurred during the first heavy heat wave.. so i'm thinking mosquitos.. but we haven't seen any of them either... any ideas? Also... some of the spots (now healing) seem to be flat, reddish/brown bruises... i've never seen this either... furthermore.. i haven't really been susceptible to mosquitoes like this since i was very young... Any ideas? Thanks~!
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing your history I feel it could be because of:
1)Allergic reaction to any insect like TICK, MITE
2)Mosquitoes could be a possibility.
3)Spider bite

Mosquitoes can bite at any age, there is susceptibility for mosquito bite. You can try mosquito repellents and mosquito nets when you are sleeping. Because PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile