Having inflammation in mouth. Got cold sores. What could this be?

I have what I believe is some minor inflammation on some Fordyce spots in the corner of my mouth, or possibly a mild angular cheillitis. I do not get cold sores as I do not have HSV1 (or 2). I have kissed one person since last being tested so I suppose there is a small possibility although I am careful with who I kiss and she says she has never had one either. In the name of just being safe I simply wanted to post the pictures and get your professional opinion that it is nothing to worry about. Thank you!

Also let me add...while the redness does feel a little warm, there is zero pain to the spot in question when I touch it. So basically this is pain free. And there are no blisters or anything. Just some redness around what is normally there.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
I have seen the pictures attached.
There seems to be a minor inflammation at the angle of your mouth. This is not suggestive of HSV infection. Such minor lesions do improve with application of % hydrocortisone ointment locally in 4-5 days.
In herpes, the lesions are usually seen in clusters and are very painful.
The lesions that you have are not worrisome.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.