Having inflamed and tender vagina. Noticed spots of bleeding after urination. Cure?

Hi the inside of my vagina is really inflamed and so tender and when I go to the toilet to pass urine and when I wipe my self there are spots of bleeding I don't think its due to the urine because its there when I wipe my self when I don't need to go for a wee I have had a look at my self in the mirror and I am really red and inflamed almost a raw look. Can you please help I am 23 am not pregnant and I've had the same sexual partner for 3 years
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later

Thanks for your health concerns; by the good description you provide, it appears that you are experiencing a vulvo-vaginitis, which may have different causes but broadly non infectious (such as contact or allergic reactions) or infectious. The best way to determine the cause is getting in touch with a provider who can perform a careful pelvic exam with a speculum, and take samples to look at the microscope.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN