Ask a Dentist   »  

Having inflamed and red papilla region. Using Dologel. Should I be worried?

Jan 2013

My incisive papilla region is inflamed and red. It has been like this for last two weeks despite applying Dologel twice a day diligently for a week and doing saline gargles. Should I be worried? Will it go away? I have also been taking B complex every day for last 2 weeks.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 19 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have difficulty in breathing/ chest pain/ cough with sputum/ fever?
Do you have running nose/ sore throat?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ gargling sound in abdomen/ abdominal bloating after taking meals?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to high possibility of acute viral upper respiratory tract infection.
Presence of inflammation in defined region suggests the diagnosis.
Myalgia could be a associated prodromal symptom of viral infection.
Viral infection generally persist for 3-5 days and generally self remitting in nature.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ ENT surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and chest x XXXXXXX on preliminary basis.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should take analgesics along with muscle relaxants for relief of your symptoms.
You should also take complete antibiotic therapy, decongestants and antipyretics.
You should also perform gargles three times in a day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.
Avoid cold drinks, oily food and yogurt and juices.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having inflamed and red papilla region. Using Dologel. Should I be worried? 12 minutes later
I don't have any myalgia or difficulty in breathing or belching. Just red incisive and swollen papilla on space of my upper front two theeth
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 18 minutes later
This could be due to vitamin deficiency, hot drink induced mucosal injury.
You should also consult with dental surgeon and got relief.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava