Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise?

Question
hi
please see picture that i have sent. please see on the picture last to finger and big toe and tell me what this is and what to do.
itaconazole can i get online or in shops and alsi csn I get ketoconazole+ clotrimazole lition in shops or on line. I dont have skin specialist where I live what to do.i need tablets that i can buy in shops or online and what sandles shoes are good to wear.
the doctor has given me the following medicine amorolfine hydrochloride 5 % w / v nail lacquer is that good. I have to use this at night is it good to use canistan cream for fungal in morning let me know and alldo I went and got sandlez till me if they are good and will help me with my fungal I have sent you picture of the sandle.
vicks vapor rub is it good to fix fungal nail
canestain fungal cream good to fix fungal nail
hi I have cut down the nail and white thing has almost gone you can see in first picture. I am sending you another picture tell me what to do.
hi I have cut dwn the nail and white thing has almost gone you can see in first picture. I am sending you another picture tell me what to do
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 46 minutes later
Hi XXXX,

I have read your query with diligence. Let me re-phrase your query and answer it accordingly.

You seem to have a fungal infection (I have seen the attached pictures). Thanks for uploading good clarity images. In my view, it seems like you are probably suffering from probable chronic Onychomycosis. It is mostly the distant form of subungual onychomycosis.

Now, you had been to a doctor who prescribed you Amorolfine hydrochloride 5 % w / v nail lacquer.

Now to answer your queries specifically:

- You are prescribed the right medicine by your doctor. Amorolfine hydrochloride 5 % w / v nail lacquer is THE drug of choice for treatment of Onychomycosis.

- Yes, together with this you can use Canesten cream in the mornings.

- The sandals are perfect ones for faster healing. Continue to use them.

-Vicks vapor rub is of no use to fix fungal nail.

-Canesten cream is good to fix fungal nail.

What you must do:

-Continue to apply the nail lacquer and use the canesten cream in the mornings for at least a minimum of 6 weeks.

-Keep your feet and nails dry all the time

- Wear only the sandal and no other footwear or shoes for the next 6 weeks.

You should recover soon. I would be glad to assist you further.

Take care!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 43 minutes later
can I apply canesten cream in morning and doctors at need. if both in morning how to apply both in morning

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 42 hours later
Hi XXXX,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, you can apply canesten in the mornings and the nail lacquer in the noon, evenings, and nights.

Do not apply both together in a single time.

Give a time gap of about at least 3 hours before apply the next coat of the lacquer.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 8 hours later
when will the toe nail grow back

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
After the complete healing of nail infection. Perhaps, in a matter of 6 weeks.

Get well soon and take care!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 8 days later
I am sending you two pictures one you now about let me know if any improvement and when toe nail will grow back and other attached ment what to do

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later
Hi XXXX,

Thanks for following it up with me.

I have seen the pictures you have sent now. There is definitely improvement in the lesions now.

Please stop applying Canesten now for a few days. Continue to use the nail lacquer at least 4 times in a day for next few days.

Do not use the canesten again until I say. Continue to wear the sandal and keep your feet as much dry as possible.

Write back to me after 5 days. Take care!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 7 minutes later
what about the other picture is it dry skin what to apply can I use e45 CREAM or other cream. also when will nail grow back

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Hi XXXX,

I see three pictures here on the query page including the first one that you posted.

Yes, the skin is getting dry. It is a good sign.

Please do not apply e 45 cream. You do not need this cream. It will not help you.

also when will nail grow back - I answered this in my earlier response. It should happen in 6 weeks time.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 2 minutes later
why dry skin is good thing and what cream to apply

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Dry skin is good because it helps in healing. If there is moisture in your feet and toenails, it prevents faster healing. The medicine cannot act on the nail well.

You should not apply any cream now except the nail lacquer and keeping your feet dry.

Hope this helps.

Take care!

hi I have sent you picture of both feet tell me is everything okay or I need to do something. and what about dry skin

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 hours later
Hi XXXX,

I am sorry I did not receive any picture from your end. Please re-upload it or mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "attention to Dr. Shanthi".

Awaiting your response.

pi8

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later

Please upload fresh pictures for me to comment accordingly.

Thanks!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 17 minutes later
I have emailed you the picture

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later

I have seen the pcitures. There is improvement but not much. Continue to apply the lacquer. Keep your feet dry for 2 weeks more.

It should heal by then.

can I start to use canisanton cream

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Yes,

Start Canestan in the nights before going to bed. Continue to apply the lacquer in the day.

in the last reply you said improve ment know you say no explain

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later

What I am saying to you is there is improvement but not much. By this, I mean I expected more improvement. It is slighter lesser than what I expected.

Hopefully it should resolve completely in the next 2 weeks.

Get well soon and regards.

how to improve as you expected more improvement

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
For that, you will have to take care to keep your feet and toes dry at all times. Use the lacquer more frequently and use Canestan every night, and wear the sandal that you have all the time.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 3 minutes later
how many times use lacquer

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Use the lacquer every 2 to 3 hours.

Thanks!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 10 hours later
what to do with dry skin

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 hours later
Your skin should be dry until the time the lesion heals completely. So keep it as dry as possible.

Aerate your feet and toes well. Do not wear socks.

Hence do nothing with the dry skin; let it be there. It would help in faster healing.

Happy weekend!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 9 days later
I need to do something about dry skin dont look good and one picture I will send you by email

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
I did not receive any picture through email.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Sorry; I could not get any picture from your end through email. Please try to resend it.

Regarding the dry skin, start with applying plain petroleum jelly in the form of Vaseline jelly. Apply it thrice daily to both the feet and toes. Again, wear the sandals and continue to use the Laquer and Canestan.

Take care!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 2 days later
sent in picture see and tell

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
picture seen

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

The lesion is healing as I expected. This is a good sign.

Please follow my earlier suggestions.

In a couple of weeks time you should be all fine.

Take care!

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 30 minutes later
what is lesion

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lesion is the diseased area on your toe nails

Detailed Answer:

A lesion could be anything not normal to the body. In your case, it is the infected toe nails.

Hope this clarifies.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 53 minutes later
once the white lesion goes will nail grow

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it will grow

Detailed Answer:
Once the white lesion disappears, the nail would regrow fastly in a week's time.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 11 days later
is vicks good to remove nail fungus

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, it is not good

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

No, vicks is definitely not good to remove nail fungus. It will have no effect on the fungus. I suggest you to not try it.

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 1 minute later
what alse is good to try

Brief Answer:
Canestan is good

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for the delayed response XXXX.

Canestan is the anti-fungal that is good to try for nail fungus. How are you doing otherwise?

Follow-up: Having infection in finger and toe. Sent the pictures. Advised to take amorolfine hydrochloride. Can I use canistan cream? Advise? 2 hours later
in the toe nail how to get rid of the white thing

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anti-fungal topical ointment

Detailed Answer:
You could use canestan for the toe nail as well.