Having increased heart rate and shortness of breath. Could this be pots or an electrical issue?

Sep 2013

25 yr old daughter, started having increased heart rate about 100 to 130 resting upon standing it might go up to 170. Has shortness of breath. Given inhalers from pulmnologist but no testing. Did ok for about a month but was fatigued and still short of breath. Went to ER with hr over 200 and was admitted. Awaiting monitor and tilt table test. Bp doesn't seem to be to be low. Inhalers didn't always help. Could this be pots or an electrical issue. Does have mild mvp. Feel like we left hose questions than answers. She also has body odor excessive arm pit sweating. Hr can be 130 then suddenlyn170 then quickly back to 99 , varies on body movement
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tachycardia & asthma.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXX,
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
If I were the treating doctor of this severe case of heart beat ,I would come up with these possibilities, these includes.
1 Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia , may be due to acute asthma, coronary Artery Disease , pulmonary embolism, THYROTOXICOSIS ,digitalis induced . Diagnosis can be confirmed by E C HO , treadmill test , tilt table test ( you mentioned ).In this condition even change of position increase the heart rate.
Heart rate is between 140-240 / minute & REGULAR . It starts and ceases abruptly.
2 Paroxysmal Ventricular Tachycardia is defined as the occurennce of 3 or more ventricular paroxysmal beats at a rate of more than 100 beats / minute.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by ekg , echo .
3 Cardiac asthma , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical as well as clinical examination .
4 Congenital heart disease , rule out with physical examination by a cardiologist.
In my opinion consult a cardiologist and get his opinion. If further any question I will reply. Good luck. Dr. HET.