Having hypothyroidism, gaining weight, hair is thin and dry skin. Developed low BP. Could I ask a doctor?

Hello..I am a 39 year old woman who has been having "issues" for years. The symptoms vary and I feel pertain to both hypo and hyperthyroidism..all now progressively worsening. I've continued to gain weight over the years, and it's very difficult to lose weight even though I watch my calories and exercise daily. My hair has thinned out to less than half its original thickness (very broken and dry), I have dry skin, brittle nails, acne, irritability, sleep issues etc well as recently having developed varying high to low blood pressure, and some type of heart palpitations which I am seeing a Cardiologist about (test results have not yet been discussed with me but at first glace all appears generally fine). I'm also constantly trying to catch my breath these days..never feel like I have enough air. Here is what else I know..a recent MRI of my neck (I also have chronic neck, back muscle/joint pain) "incidentally" revealed I have a small nodule on the back side of my Thyroid. My recent blood work all looked great though (which included magnesium and vitamin D)..with the exception of my TSH which continues to be on the low end of the normal range (it's .48) free T4 was 1.1. Additionally I went to a homeopathic doctor last week who ran the QXCI (Xrroid) medical device on me and my Pituitary Gland was off the charts. I feel horrible and I believe something is amiss with my Pituitary and Thyroid glands..but since my blood work is still in the "normal" range and the recent MRI did not reveal a mass on my Pituitary Gland, my doctor will not refer me to a specialist. Please help. Thank you!
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some helpful clues

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
As far as your skin & hair problems are concerned they are not in accordance with your thyroid levels. So, there must be some other reason. You may consult a Dermatologist for help.
You have not mentioned any thing about your menstrual history & fertility status, as some problems with female sex hormones may produce acne (like PCOS).
You should check your FSH, LH & Testosterone hormone levels.
Your weight gain can also not be related to thyroid problem & you have to look into your diet & lifestyle for probable causes & a Dietitian may give you some helpful advise for weight management. You should also join some regular work out plan.
You may discuss your doubts about your pituitary with your doctor who is following up your thyroid, as the same specialist (Endocrinologist) deal with both issues. Your thyroid nodule certainly need further investigation.
Most of your neck problems & breathing issues may have a relation to your excessive weight. Once you achieve normal weight, hopefully most of these will go on their own.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues.