Having hypoeechoic lesion on testicle. Painless. Suggest treatment?

May 2014

Hello Doc.
I wish to take suggestion for my problem from an expert surgeon as i doubt of having a hypoeechoic lesion in one of my is painless. i am enclosing the sonography report with this. please suggest me the suitable treatment and the seriousness of this problem.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry, consult urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

The report shows a small 14 x 9 mm area in the near end of the spermatic cord. It is not in the testicle but in the cord attached to the testicle. This cord carries the sperms from the testis to the external opening. As it is not showing vascularity, it is not anything serious. It might be a benign lesion like a cyst or similar pathology. There are no dilated veins and therefore any varicocele is ruled out on scan.

You must consult an urologist surgeon with your report and he will clinically examine you. You have not told about reason for getting the ultrasound scan.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr. Vivek
Follow-up: Having hypoeechoic lesion on testicle. Painless. Suggest treatment? 16 hours later
Thank you sir.
Actually we went to Doctor when we noticed this cyst type thing. and he suggested for Sonography. I usually ask my health queries at ur site so i asked u about this first.
Sir, do i need to undergo any operation to remove thid cyst? or i can be dissolved by taking medicines.
And what precautions i should take for not further increase of this cyst. and should i take any halt in inter course? we observe it after my marriage; which held on april 19.2013. please and me in detail. asap.
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome and thanks for writing back.

Surgery is not indicated for the incidental asymptomatic spermatic cord cyst/ spermatocele. However, if discomfort, pain, or progressive enlargement is bothersome to the patient, discussion regarding excision may ensue. There appears to be serious no risk to you. You can monitor the cyst for few months. As I am unable to examine you clinically, it will be useful to know the treatment offered by your doctor. If left alone, a repeat ultrasound scan after 6 months may be done to look for change in size and appearance of the cyst.

You don't need to take any specific precautions, if you get pain in the region then please consult doctor.

Sexual intercourse should not be a problem. Please do not worry about it. You can have normal sexual intercourse.

Hope your query is answered.
Waiting for an update from your end.

Dr. Vivek