Having huge sweat, heat rashes, irritation in groin area. How to avoid this?

Allergist and Immunologist
Every summer I face huge sweat - heat Rashes and irritation at groin area. This is basically a heat & sweat Rash. this is specif to that area and does not affect any other part.

I am using frenchie inners which is rubbing in the same part. However I have tried long briefs but that has not helped much.

I have consulted dermatologists, they have advised a medicine which relieves me for short period or that specific season, but every year I get same problem.

Kindly advice the measures and medicine for long term remedy?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 3 hours later
Hello P,

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

Heat rash occurs when sweat ducts get blocked preventing evaporation from the skin. Tight inner wear worsens this, and results in skin irritation.

Loose clothes, avoiding hot humid conditions helps. Also avoid heavy creams or lotions that clogs the skin. Heat rash can worsen with use of certain medications, such as the anti-acne isotretinoin or a blood pressure tablet called clonidine. So please check your regular medications list.

Treatment options:
1. Calamine lotion helps.
2. Avoid exercise in hot and humid weather
3. Take frequent baths or showers
4. Air circulation with fans or air conditioner
5. Antihistamine tablets such as cetirizine 10mg or Levocet 5mg
6. Avoid dehydration, drink plenty of water (3L / day).

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes.