Having huge bags under eyes. Feeling tired. Cause? Due to dehydration?

My eyes have continued to sink into my eye sockets over the last year. I have huge bags under my eyes. I feel really tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get. I wonder if i'm dehydrated, but my blood test for kidney and liver functions are good, and I'm not diabetic? What could cause these symptoms, and could it be neurological?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Though the eyes appear to sink into the sockets the reality is the muscles on the face are losing the fat in between them. You seem to be stressed too much that could cause bags under the eyes and tired.

In the wake of the recent test I think your problem is nutritional and stressed out. The stress could be personal, career or financial. Stress leads to poor nutrition and it loses glow on the face.

I suggest you to adopt stress management techniques and combine with good nutrition. I suggest fish, green leaves, dark colored vegetables, nuts every day. They add vibrance to the life and you feel really good. yes dehydration can add up to the features. You should have at least 2.5 to 3 litres of water each day.

You can add some Vitamin or mineral supplements to your diet too. That would not harm.