Having hot flashes. Experiencing warm and face begins to perspire. Whats happening?

For yrs I have not had hot flashes & what I'm experiencing is different, anyway. Suddenly I will become extra warm & my face begins to perspire greatly, beginning at my hairline. This may occur 1 to 25 or so times daily. What's happening?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Review your blood pressure & sugar control.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
Although hot flushes usually appear during the first five years of menopause but sometimes, you may experience them later in life.
Alterations in blood pressure & sugar is another possible reason. Make sure your diseases are well under control. You should also report this to your treating physician.
If you have started a new medicine. This may represent a side effect. Your doctor may review your medicine when you will report this issue to him/ her.
Last but not the least you should have a pelvic ultrasound to ensure the health status of your ovaries.
Wish you good health.