Having horrible pulsating back pains. Would Dicloxacillin help?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I'm having horrible lower pulsating back pains not all the time maybe three times an hour would Dicloxacillin 250 help??
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 19 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Dicloxacillin is an antibiotic and is unlikely to help the pain unless it is caused by an infection that is sensitive to this antibiotic. There are many causes of back pain. As you have a history of bladder infection, this pain may be due to another infection but I would not recommend you taking this drug until you have it confirmed that this is the cause of the pain.
I would suggest you visit your doctor for an examination. A simple urine test can diagnose an infection. Also, your doctor will be able to find any other cause of the pain.
I hope this has helped. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger