Having hole in ear drum and fluid draining from ear. Should I consult ENT specialist?

Question
Went to the hospital they gave me pain meds but did not know how to treat a ear with a hole in the drum and inside it is coated with white. Fluid is draining from my ear. Should I call my ENT it is Sunday?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You have got Acute Otitis Media, that is a severe infection of the middle ear.
This leads to inflammation and increased local pressure so has resultant pain and caused the tympanic membrane perforation.
Or you might have a recurrence of the any of the diseases you have mentioned.
You should visit the ENT doctor on urgent basis- who would do a local cleaning like removing wax and pus and prescribe you the antibiotics, meanwhile take the pain killers off-course and rest in bed with affected ear facing down so to drain as much fluid as possible.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!