Having hip pain. Looking for the recipe for gin soaked raisins for the pain of arthritis

I am looking for the recipe for gin soaked raisins for the pain of arthritis. I have severe pain in my right hip and thigh which is not sciatica, bursitis, neuropathy from shingles. My niece suggested I contact you to receive the recipe mentioned above, as a natural pain killer. That's what I am looking for.
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later

Such recipes are folk remedies. Although natural and holistic these recipes are used by many with the testimonials given by others. Still medical community is not very sure about the true healing properties. I tried to find some reliable information about them.

You can fill a glass jar with golden color raisins (buy them in top grocery store). Pour gin in the glass jar till all the raisins are covered. Leave the glass jar in the shelf for one week. Later a fist full of such raisins is taken each day.

While buying the raisins it is important to check if they are made from right quality seedless grapes. It is said that the XXXXXXX grapes grown in XXXXXXX Greece are well suited for this recipe. I found that these are grown in US as XXXXXXX Seedless grapes (brand). These grapes are treated with sulphur dioxide before they are turned golden brown. Such treated raisins are XXXXXXX in antioxidant compounds like resveratrol and catechins. They are XXXXXXX in Vitamin C.

The gin that is used in the recipe is made specifically from Juniper berries, herb grown in conifers of North XXXXXXX Articles say that juniper berries are laden with anti-inflammatory compounds, including catechin, alpha-pinene, alpha-terpineol, beta-pinene, betulin, caryophyllene, delta-3-carene, epicatechin, limonene, menthol and rutin. They are packed with anti-arthritic activity. Sulfur dioxide that is used to keep dry grapes to golden raisins also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. When we prescribe chondroitin sulphate for Osteoarthritis it has the same property.

Let me know if you have further queries.