Having high myopia. Power spherical 9.5, CYL 3.5 and axis 180 right eye and spherical 9, CYL 2.5 and axis 180 left eye. LASIK possible?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hello Doctor
I am 25 years old and having high myopia so i need a few clarifications on lasik
may I proceed with my question.
I will write to you my power which is spherical 9.5 and CYL 3.5 and axis 180 for right eye
spherical 9 and CYL 2.5 and axis 180for left eye.
Is LASIK possible for me.
I did take the pachymetry and topography tests. I can give you the needed values.
steep:47.01 (bothOD and OS)
astigmatism +2.63 and +2.25 (OD and OS)
-partly 520 m
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 28 minutes later
Dear,

You are a good candidate for LASIK.
My advice is to go ahead and do the procedure.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Having high myopia. Power spherical 9.5, CYL 3.5 and axis 180 right eye and spherical 9, CYL 2.5 and axis 180 left eye. LASIK possible? 30 minutes later
Thank you so much Doctor.
Well there has been an apprehension that if the total eyepower reaches 12 or so .. it is not possible for LASIK. One of our friends suggested to go for ICL. But im not ready for ICL. The eyepower he calculated as 12 is by adding up sph + cyl(9.5+3.5 around). Hence I needed the confirmed reply from you

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 55 minutes later
Dear,
ICL is an intraocular surgery with its own risks. LASIK is safer.
Your power will be fully corrected with LASIK.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Having high myopia. Power spherical 9.5, CYL 3.5 and axis 180 right eye and spherical 9, CYL 2.5 and axis 180 left eye. LASIK possible? 2 hours later
Thank you so much Doctor for your advice.
I will proceed for LASIK as soon as possible. Thanks again for your immediate response.

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 29 minutes later
Dear,

Always glad to help.

All the best!
Dr.Mihir Shah