Having high level of SGPT and SGOT. No pain and no abnormalities. Found one polyp in gall bladder. What should I do?

I am 28 years old . I am having very high level of SGPT & SGOT from last 10 years..But no pain, no any other abnormalities. One polyps of 5mm dia in my gall bladder was also found

Total bilirubin 3.5
SGOT 129
Uric acid 7.1
Glucose fasting 113 mg %
Please advise me to make it normal as i am going to get married
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I have read your query with diligence.

A polyp of 5 mm is not big enough to operate. It could be managed conservatively.

Your bilirubin levels are high along with SGPT and SGOT. SGPT is still normal. However, SGOT is high. Let me tell you this. Both SGPT and SGOT are clinically significant only when they are increased by 3 folds and run in hundreds.

Your uric acid level, fasting glucose, are normal.

In my view, you need further evaluation of the liver in the form of complete liver function tests, viral markers for Hepatitis infection, ultrasonic evaluation and diagnosis, if required.

Please consult a Gastroenterologist regarding the same.

Let me know if you have more concerns.