Having high grade fever. Motion is watery and having mouth ulcer sometimes. Took crocin and dolo. Done with tests. Dosage of IBD? I

My Husband got Fever 3 times .Every time he gets fever it goes to arroun 104c.First time(From XXXXXXX 22nd till XXXXXXX 30th) he got admitted to the hospital..First time he got fever he had headache and Eye pain ,he didnt have any other symptoms.2nd time he got arroun 24th of july again fever was arroun 104c ,body ache and no other symtoms (july 24th till august 8th have attached his report which we took 2nd time, report1.pdf).3rd time he got fever arround 22nd august and again 104c and tillnow he has fever with no other symtoms ( have attached his report report2.pdf).Every time he gets fever he motion is watery and he gets mouth ulcer some time during the fever and sometimes after fever.And even after giving crocin and dodlo 650 fever dosent comes to normal, it decreases from 104 to arroun 100c to 101 and it goes up again for next 5-6 days then it gradually decreases to normal. Then doctor asked to get CRP and LFT done which i have attached ,then doctor done colonoscopy ,biopsy and colonoscopy report i have attached .Kindly let me know which type of IBD dose my husband has.

Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is crohn' disease

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I appreciate your concern regarding your husband. I am DM in Gastroenterologist. I have gone through all the reports which suggest that it is crohn's disease. For this he has to take tab pentasa in maintainence dose. Since he is having high grade fever also I will advise to see for any focus of infection especially if his total leucocyte count is raised like blood culture, stool culture, and may be MRI abdomen to see for any abscess or infection in abdomen which is commonly found in crohn's disease. For which he may require a course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin and metronidazole and may be drainage of the abscess. So I will advise to revisit Dr.kini for discussion. I hope I have answered your query. In case you need any clarification please let me know.
Follow-up: Having high grade fever. Motion is watery and having mouth ulcer sometimes. Took crocin and dolo. Done with tests. Dosage of IBD? I 14 minutes later
Hello Doctor

After taking pentasa he dosent have fever now.I have attached his crp and lft reports. Is crohn's disease completely curable or will it relapse.How one gets corhn,s disease?. Is there any diet needs to be done. Dose steroid is necessary in this case?I have attached the stoll analysis and blood culture report as well with this

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chrons follows relapsing remitting course

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback.Actually crohns is a chronic disease like Diabetes so it will never be cured but go into remission. That is it has relapsing and remitting course.

Crohns disease is due to immune dysregulation that is our own cells which defend us from infection etc become hostile to our own intestinal cells. And there are various theories behind it but none has proven role but basic mechanism is immune dysregulation

Among diet he should avoid milk and its products that is also at time of exacerbation or relapse otherwise no diet restriction.

Presently he don't need steroids. Steroids are required during exacerbation or severe relapse.

One advise closely follow his transaminase levels (SGOT AND SGPT) as they are derranged. There can be many cause for that loke in crohns itself, viral or bacterial infection or drug induced especially pentasa.So I will advise to get repeat test may be after a week if they show improving trend then nothing to worry otherwise required evaluation for the same. I hope I have answered your query. I will further answer if anything is not clear. May your husband get well soon