Having high gamma GT levels. What could be the underlying cause?

I have a high gamma gt level but all other bloods are perfect, I don't drink alcohol and not overweight, 2 yrs ago at the last tests they were perfect. 2 days after my bloods I had a viral stomach bug, would this have caused my gamma levels to increase?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, First, you are mentioning "asthma" in your medical history. May I know if you are taking any drugs on daily or occasional use? - This is to clarify whether the isolated elevation of gamma gt could be related to drugs used for relieving asthma symptoms: NSAIDS, aspirin, etc. Another factor could be the viral infection which could have touched the gall bladder. - Please bare in mind that viral infections before showing their "notable" symptoms, have their prodromal stage. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Klerida p.s. if you have more questions, please write back to me!
Follow-up: Having high gamma GT levels. What could be the underlying cause? 4 hours later
Thank you for your reply. In relation to my asthma, all I am taking is a ventolin inhaler that I have been doing for 30 years. I would be taking the same dosage I was 2 yrs ago when I last got routine bloods done. In general you would not feel it is anything major to worry about. Kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Generally,no major thing to worry about.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for writing back. Please bare in mind that gamma gt is not specifically related to any condition. You are saying that other tests are fine, and I am glad for that. This means that there is nothing major to worry about. However, if your gamma gt result was slightly elevated, it could be due to the viral infection you currently faced. Heart problems could be a factor but you did not mentioned any of them. So, the most probably explanation in your case is the viral infection. I'd suggest to repeat the test 3 weeks after your viral infection is resolved. Wish you health! Dr.Klerida