Having high fever and bad headaches, metallic taste in mouth, cannot eat. How to cure it?

Hi i have been having high fever and bad headaches on my forehead for five days now. I also notived a metallic taste in my mouth and out my pores. I normally dont have a temperature when i am ill. I cant eat because it does not taste like anything it worries me a lot and i only wish to getting better. I also feel very tired and i have no strength. Thank you for helping
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 2 hours later

High fever and headaches may be sign of many diseases usually infectious one like meningitis, sinus infection, ear infections, Urinary tract infections, malaria etc. A high grade fever may itself cause headache due to inside blood vessels dilatation and similar is the loss of taste too.

I think you must go for certain blood tests like complete blood count and peripheral blood smear examination, X-rays of chest and paranasal sinuses, Urine for routine microscopy.

One thing you must do is try to touch your chest with your chin. If you feel it too rigid to touch probably you have meningitis, then rush to the doctor.

For high fever, antipyretics like paracetamol 500 mg can be taken, frequency should not be lesser than 4 hrs. Take plenty of fluids and if needed oral rehydration solution will also help. Try to take small frequent meals.

Further and definitive workup will depend on advised lab tests.

Best wishes.