Having high fever. Prescribed with dolo, gramocef, cetrizin. Done with blood test. Any other medicines to be taken along with these?

I am having high fever from past 4 days.. consulted a doctor and he suggested for blood test and asked me to have these medicines.

1. Dolo-650,
2. Gramocef-O 200 DT
3. Cetrizin

doing the blood test from 2 days and report is not good as the doctor says. the odd things he pointed as below.

Total W.B.C count : 0000
Platelet Count : 1.48 (on 1st test) 1.47 (on 2nd test) lakhs/cmm

salmonella typhi "o" : Positive up to 1:160 Dilutions.
salmonella typhi "H" : Positive up to 1:80 Dilutions.

do i have to take any other medicines along with that?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

I have read your query with diligence. It seems like you are being treated wrongly. If I were your treating doctor, I would consider this as viral fever and manage you symptomatically with Paracetamol.

What I mean to say is Dolo and Cetrizine medicines are good for you. However, there was no need for Gramocef-o 200DT in you.

Your blood picture also shows that you probably have a viral fever with the platelets being slightly on the lower side.

Your test for salmonella typhi 'o' at 1:160 and "H" at 1:80 is still fine. You do not need treatment for this.

Please check your platelet count again now to be sure that all is well.

I hope this helps you. Please do not take any other medications.