Having high bp, severe headache, pain in thigh and feeling nauseous. Should I go for medical treatment?

Neurologist, Surgical
B/P 138/100 this morning - have been having problems with it and severe headache for about 3 weeks now and under doctor's care - given Cozaar 50mg and last week added Norvasc 5mg (both once a day) This morning the headache is very severe 7-8 pain scale and pain is worst on top of my head (usually lower back of head) vague chest pain, abit nauseaous and pain in my leg thigh. I also have frontal sinus pain/postnasal drip which might be causing of the nausea.
Just feel really bad in general! l Have been under alot of stress for past several months. I am considering seeing a cardiologist when I can get appointment this week. Should I seek medical attention sooner with the pain in thigh (possible blood clot??)
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear friend , After reading your history carefully i feel you are suffering from tension headache which has been worsened by sinusitis problem and also raised BP i think amitryptaline is good drug for tension depression snusitis and stress related headache consult your physician before starting it also simultaneously treat your sinusitis and BP this will help in controlling headache. As for pain in thigh get doppler venous system leg to rule out clot. If you can prepone the appointment it is well and good.