Having high bp and pain in arm. Blood test showed vitamin deficiency. Will cholecalciferol work?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Having visited GP with aching left arm - she did blood test - result very low Vitamin D - below 24 - prescribed 6 Chloecalciferol x 20,000 units (6 capsules) to take one every two weeks for 12 weeks. Am 70 have high
blood pressure. Also overweight. Does this work?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Generalised body aches are generally associated with calcium and vitamin D 3 deficiency at your age resulting in osteoporosis.
Since you have very low vitamin D 3 levels, you need supplements from outside like the capsules that have been prescribed to you. It takes 3-4 months for the improvement to be evident.
You can take these capsules with milk for a better absorption.
Also eat magnesium and calcium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach, milk and milk products, eggs, etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.