Having high blood pressure, low sperm count, bad breath, body odour and stuffy nose after eating. Suggest cure for symptoms

Dec 2012

I have several symptoms.
They are high blood pressure, low sperm count, bad breath, body odor, and a runny/stuffed up nose sometimes right after eating.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below for answers

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Now, it appears to me that you have several most likely unrelated conditions that are obviously bothering you.
Lets start with the high blood pressure (hypertension) which seems to be essential or primary (with no cause), which mostly require the use of antihypertensive medications and a proper low-salt diet plan in under to control it. Stopping lisinopril is probably not the best option for you. If you were effectively confirmed a hypertensive, then do know that you will have this condition for the rest of your life and the use of medications to control it, not only help to keep the high blood pressure to normal required levels but also helps prevent many cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, neurologic and renal complications that may arise due to persistent increased hypertension. So if your medications is not bothering you, there is no need to stop unless you wish to end up with a serious complication. In some of my patients, I can decide to stop the medication and monitor for a while (making sure the blood pressure does not step up to an undesirable level) until the BP either stays normal or increases, then I can decide whether or not to place back on medication.
It seems to me you have severe oligospermia (low sperm count) which could due to one of several causes notably:

Medical causes
- varicocele: A varicocele is a swelling of the veins that drain the testicle. It's a common cause of male infertility. This may prevent normal cooling of the testicle, leading to reduced sperm count and fewer moving sperm.

- infection: Some infections can interfere with sperm production and sperm health or can cause scarring that blocks the passage of sperm. These include some sexually transmitted infections, including chlamydia and gonorrhea; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis); inflamed testicles due to mumps (mumps orchitis); and other infections of the urinary tract or reproductive organs.
- ejaculation problems
- Antibodies that attack sperm
- Tumors
- Hormone imbalance
- Sperm duct defects
- Certain medications

Environmental causes

Overexposure to certain environmental elements can affect sperm production or function. We have:
- Industrial chemicals
- Heavy metal exposure
- Radiation or x-rays
- Overheating the testicles
- Prolonged bicycling

Health, lifestyle and other causes

- Illegal drug use
- Alcohol use
- Tobacco smoking
- Occupation
- Emotional stress

As for your breath odor and runny nose this could be related to ENT infection or blood sugar control disorder (such as diabetes mellitus).
I do not know if you are financially capable, but all your conditions require that you sit down with a doctor and present your case history so they could look for appropriate remedies. The conditions you present are treatable if the causes can be identified.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Feel free to send follow-up queries if you have more questions to ask.
Dr. Nsah