Having high blood pressure and taking lisinopril, coreg. Will it cause any problem?

Yes.My blood pressure spiked to 210/ 86 I am 76 years old. I took 40 mg of lisinopril just now and 12 mg of coreg a couple of hours ago ?am I in trouble the cc is good you can give me an answer now. For goodness sake, this is an easy one , am I in trouble , yes or no? Doc. not working on sunday ?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: calcium channel blockers Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. Lisinopril is not considered safe in elderly. Try to alternate with calcium channel blockers such as cilidepine. It comes in strength of 5 and 10 mg. Consult youR doctor once before taking it. Thanks