Having high blood pressure and feeling uncomfortable pain. Looking for cure

i have been having high blood pressure...around 140/94 and my left arm and shoulder has been bothering was a very sharp pain but now its just an uncomfortable pain
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 44 minutes later

Your blood pressure is high, but not to a great extent.

Looking to your age, high blood pressure and lt. arm and shoulder pain does not seem to be related.

In normal case these combinations do raise doubts about possible heart problem.

Still, as you are not feeling comfortable, it is advisable that you consult your doctor.

Your doctor after examination will decide whether you need any treatment or not.

There could be various reasons like anxiety, stress etc for transient rise in blood pressure.

I would advise again that you please visit ER or physician at the earliest and get your self examined and treated.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you great health.