Having hiatus hernia, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia and placed with heart stents. Is it safe to take movicol?

Is it safe to take movicol with all the following medical conditions-
1 sliding haetil hernia
2 heart stents fitted
3 high blood pressure
4 fybromialger
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later

Yes, it is very safe to take Movicol in the presence of these above mentioned conditions i.e. sliding hiatus hernia, presence of heart stents, high blood pressure and fibromyalgia.

Movicol contains macrogol ( polyethylene glycol), it is a osmotic laxative. It is an over the counter medication. So, do not worry.

I warn about abusing these laxatives, which in turn cause problems. Hence you should be judgemental in using it, if unable to decide, approach a local physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.