Having hemorrhage in eye. Is it alright if I continue to wear contact lenses?

Ophthalmologist
Question
This really needs to be answered by an ophthalmologist. Last night I saw in my eye a hemorrhage. This morning I saw that it had broken up and it was no longer solid in the corner of my eye. Because it is the weekend and I cannot reach my Dr. Do think it will be alright if I continue to wear contacts? I have no pain and no blurred vision. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is subconjunctival hemoorhage. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic, I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history you have provided here that you are having sub conjunctival hemorrhage because of collection of blood under the conjuncitva the white part of the eye. Sub conjunctival hemorrhage is because of minor injury which may be seen while using contact lenses or because of rubbing of eyes. This condition is self resolving and it wont require treatment. It usually resolves by 3-4 weeks. This condition is painless and it is not associated with visual problems as you have mentioned. Sub conjunctival hemorrhage as it starts absorbing gets broken and appear enlarged, hence you need not worry about the increase in size. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you

Follow-up: Having hemorrhage in eye. Is it alright if I continue to wear contact lenses? 20 hours later
I had already read exactly what you said and no, you did not answer my question. My question was, can I still wear my contacts? It is really a moot point. I needed that anwser 1 hr. After I asked the question.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can continue to wear contact lenses. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care magic. Sorry for overlooking a part of your question. You can continue to wear contact lenses as wearing them is not contraindicated in sub conjunctival hemorrhage. However you have to take care not to cause any injury or trauma while inserting or removing contact lenses. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.