Having heavy bleeding. Ultrasound showed fluid in uterus, enlarged uterus, cyst on ovaries. What is this?

Question
fluid behind uterus,slightly enlarged uterus, swollen painful tailbone, corpus luteus cyst on ovaries: in every ultrasound for 9-10 months, pretty heavy bleeding for 2 weeks about 4-5 months ago,constant lower back pain,16 lb weight gain, lethargy, also for last 9-10 months,CA 125 level 39 what do u think this is?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The mild fluid behind the uterus with low back pain which is persistent is suggestive of a pelvic inflammatory disease. You can the adequate treatment done under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Corpus luteal cysts in the ovaries are the physiological ovarian cysts which do develop and regress with every normal cycle and are not indicative of any pathology.
A single episode of heavy bleeding is not worrisome and might be due to mild hormonal imbalance.
The levels of CA 125 at 39 are just borderline raised and do not indicate any ovarian malignancy definitively. Its significance is considered if there is a pelvic mass and the value is more than 60. Rising titres are more significant rather than a constant level.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Having heavy bleeding. Ultrasound showed fluid in uterus, enlarged uterus, cyst on ovaries. What is this? 3 hours later
Lots of spotting and irregular periods as well.i get spotting and more intense lower back pain about 3-4 days before my period.I have never had any problems irregular periods or spotting or bleeding and barely any cramps in btw,in my whole life.The corpus luteus cyst has been there in every ultrasound or scan since I started being seen for these symptoms abt 10months ago and showed a rupture and ring of fire about 4-5 months ago.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The spotting and irregular periods may be related to a mild hormonal imbalance. If you are not planning for a baby, then you can take oral contraceptives for a few cycles to regularize your cycles and decrease the corpus luteal cyst. You can discuss about the available options with your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Having heavy bleeding. Ultrasound showed fluid in uterus, enlarged uterus, cyst on ovaries. What is this? 7 hours later
thanx

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
If you have no more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards